Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 13 (Week 1 in Pantoja)

What a CRAZY first week! I got here late Tuesday night and slept in the MTC here, and then on Wednesday, I got to meet my new trainer and companion Elder Page! Pantoja is located right outside of the Santo Domingo and it is ON FIRE. It´s the most successful area in the mission right now. I was "born" into a great area! The area was doing so well that the branch requested that they have 2 more Elders in the area. So thats why I am here! 

Culture: Lets just say that I have experienced almost everything this week. The people are so loud and open and its because people are doing one of two things: riding a motorcycle, or listening to LOUD music. It´s absolutely crazy. The people talk SO fast. I have really struggled in understanding what people are saying, but i know it will come with time. Everyday we walk (no bikes or cars, only walking, everywhere, except to the city where we pay for a taxi) but people stop and look at us cause we are the only 2 white people in the area. We get called Americanos literally everyday, but oh well! I love it! Right by our apartment is a baseball field and everyday, we see kids playing baseball and i absolutely love it. it makes me so happy and i want to play with them so bad. for zone activities, we usually will get to play some baseball.

Living: We live in the same apartment as the other Elders in the area and so its a lot of fun to work with them. We get water dumped into a huge bin above our apartment 2 times a week and that water is for showering, but all other water have to buy "botellas" from the shops. So thats fun :) Showers are cold and so my shower time went from 10 minutes to about 3 :) IT IS ALSO VERY HOT AND HUMID HERE SO I SWEAT LIKE CRAZY. It rained twice this week and i got absolutely soaked, so yeah, this is going to be a lot of fun. Everything is going really well though. I am happy to be here and to work hard. Elder Page and I work really hard everyday and I am excited to serve here for the next little while!

love you all! please keep writing me and emailing me!

My address for the D.R is 

Elder Ethan Bee
Dominican Republic Santo Domingo West Mission
C/Hatuey #73
Urb. Los Cacicazgos
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic

Phone # 1-809-482-7545

No comments:

Post a Comment