Friday, February 12, 2016

Week 12 (Week 6 in Riverside) sent: February 8, 2016

Ah this week was kind of crazy and the fact that I am still in the United States is weird. I was supposed to leave for the D.R early this morning, but the kind Senior Couple missionaries that were taking me thought my flight left at 7:00 and not 6:00 and so I barely missed my flight. So I American Airlines worked it out and I will fly out tomorrow at the same time and take the exact same route to the D.R. So I will be there tomorrow :)

This week... WOW. More blessings! We worked so hard to end the transfer on a high note and we did! We continued to teach Oscar and he actually opened up a little more about how he LOVES the church. He moved here a little over a month ago and he was walking around looking for a job, well upon walking, he ran into some Jehovah's Witnesses and they asked him if he wanted to come to church with them. He politely declined and said "I have a church, I just need to find it" HE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS!! He had a friend in El Salvador that took him to church, but he had never met with the missionaries. So when he saw us, he got super excited and hoped that we would stop and talk to him, and sure enough, we did!

Another miracle happened this week. I member of one of the English wards here called us while we were on our way to dinner, and she told us that a man she knows really wellm, Marco, is having a super hard time in his life. His wife of 30 years just separated from him and his daughter (22 or so) doesnt really care what he has to say and he basically has nobody. He doesn't have any friends or anything. He also struggles with depression and attempted suicide the week before. This member told us that he needs a blessing and so we went and gave him one. He loved it. We taught him a lesson or two that week and then he came to church on Sunday and LOVED it. He was participating in the discussion and enjoyed everything that was being said. He literally told us that he wants to be baptized. He has never smoked or drank or anything and he is one of the most humble people I have ever met. 

As I leave the California Riverside Mission, I cant help but feel grateful that I have the chance to serve in 2 missions. We went into our area and absolutely NOBODY to teach, and we were able to work hard and progress the area further than it had been in months. Hard work pays off. The Lord truly does qualify those whom He calls. I know that I came here for a reason. I know that The Lord needed ME to meet Oscar and Marco and to help them come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. 

Se que este evangelio es verdadero. Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador. Ya he visto milagros, todo lo que necesito hacer es trabajar duro. Estoy preparado por La Republica Dominicana. No puedo esperar por la oportunidad para servir la gente alli. Estoy muy agradecido por mi tiempo aqui en California, y yo espero que puedo ver el mismo exito que vi aqui en Corona. Cuando yo dudo algo, yo pongo mi confianza en el Senor. Estoy listo por la proxima viaje y quiero servir con todo mi corazon. Tengo un testimonio fuerte de la obra misional!!!! Gracias a todos ustedes por la soporta, la necesitaba esta semana. LES AMO!!!!!!!!!!

This picture is of me and Oscar on Sunday at church :)

No comments:

Post a Comment