Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 11 (Week 5 in Riverside) Email sent: February 1, 2016

This week was interesting...

We worked really hard and did as much as we could, but didn't see a ton of success. 

We were teaching a lesson this week to a family who we taught earlier in the month, but they didnt answer the times we went back... so we stopped seeing them because we couldn't ever get in to teach them. Well, we went contacting on their street this week and we found them and they invited us in and we taught them a lesson. Well, while we were teaching them, someone came by our bikes and stole our helmets... so yeah, that was fun.

We were contacting and we found a man waiting on the corner of the street, and we just happened to stop and talk to him. His name is Oscar and he has only been in the U.S for 1 month, because he is actually from El Salvador. He has 1 set of clothes and is looking for a job here in Corona. We were hesitant to teach him, but he actually has a place to live and he actually was looking for a church to go to. We taught him a lesson, and it went really well. We invited him to church and he said he would come. Well Sunday came around and it was raining like crazy... and we know he walks everywhere, so we were worried he wouldn't come. We were sitting in sacrament meeting and another missionary in the ward told us to come out into the foyer and there Oscar was! Soaking wet, but there! We had the rest of sacrament meeting and then went to Gospel Principles and then to marriage and family class with the rest of the ward. He loved it! Tonight we are having a ward FHE and he said he would also come to that, so yeah! 

The other night, we were riding to an appointment and I turned really sharply on my bike and I sort of fell off and scraped up my arm... :) I cant go a very long time without hurting myself.. OOPS!

This week was a long struggle for me personally, but I am trying my best... I've prayed harder than I have ever prayed and I have tried my hardest to work hard. I don't know how it will turn out, but that's part of the adventure I guess! 

Thanks for all of the love and support! 






No comments:

Post a Comment