Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 9 Email (Week 3 in Riverside) sent: January 18, 2016

2 months down! What?! This week had its ups and downs, unfortunately, more downs than ups.
3 out of the 7 days, we rode around our area and tried to teach lessons to some of our potentials who said to come back on those specific days and times and when we showed up, nobody answered the door or they told us they couldn't do it at the moment. It was awful. We are praying so hard to find those people who God has prepared for us, but we are having such a hard time finding them. 
Although it was a difficult week, we are still working has hard as we can. I come home exhausted each night. Tuesday we went out with a member of our ward, trying to go teach some potentials, well that was one of the days when we didn't teach a single lesson. As we were walking down the driveway to go back to Hermano Felix's car, Hermano Felix stopped and asked us if we wanted to eat a little chili (people grow them near their front doors for some reason), well, Elder Beck said he would give me a dollar if I ate it, I said no of course. Hermano Felix pulls $20 out of his wallet and said he would give me $20 to eat it. I pulled the little chili off the vine and stared at it for a moment and then put it in my mouth. They both yelled "DON'T SWALLOW IT!" and about 5 seconds after I put it in my mouth, I spit it out. IT WAS THE HOTTEST THING I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY MOUTH. I WAS DYING FOR ABOUT A HALF HOUR. Needless to say, it was a memorable experience. 
We did teach a really cool lesson this week. We were struggling to get in the door of a potential and we decided to go see the Castillos (they fed us while we were contacting my first week here) 
The mom answered the door and their son was there with her, he's 15, and they let us come in and teach them. We talked for awhile and then we got to teaching. We taught the Restoration and asked them to read and pray about what we taught and they said they would! It was a great experience, even though it was one of the only lessons we taught all week. 
Now, for some bad news, one of our potential investigators had to tell us that we cant come back and see her because her husband doesn't like that she has been talking to us. It's so sad when a family wants to hear the gospel and learn more, but the husband won't let them. It's difficult for us to see.
We are trying our best. We are praying hard, working hard, and planning hard. I can't say we will have any success this week, but we will go where the Lord wants us to go and do what we can. 
News: Elder Beck and I moved into a new apartment today. We went from a 4 man apartment and now Elder Beck and I have our own apartment. 
The address is 1270 W 8th Street APT 19M, Corona California, 92882 
Love, Elder Bee






No comments:

Post a Comment