Saturday, December 5, 2015

Week 3 Email (MTC) sent: December 5, 2015




All is well here! This week had a lot of growth in it. We taught several lessons and I am getting really good at speaking Spanish. I study Spanish a ton throughout the day and it's becoming easier for me to speak it. Our teachers only speak in Spanish and I can understand everything they are saying and I am basically the district's translator... I still have a lot to learn but I am happy with what I know so far! 

This week had it's challenges. Elder Zamora and I taught lessons, but we couldn't figure out what they NEEDED. I try to ask inspired questions to get them talking, but asking inspired question is something that I am struggling with. I prayed so hard to find an answer and to learn to ask the right questions at the right time. It's not easy, but we are slowly figuring it out. 

This week one of our teachers taught us to pray, and not just a normal prayer, but to really COMMUNICATE with our Heavenly Father. Prayer is a 2-WAY conversion. We each had the chance to really open up to our Heavenly Father and to be specific about EVERYTHING. My whole view on prayer changed and my prayers are becoming more powerful and more of a conversation with Heavenly Father and not just a phone call to "order" stuff. 

Our other teacher taught us about what she learned this last week about the Atonement, and it really opened my eyes to what Christ did for us. I have a strong testimony of the Atonement, but this just expanded it. Christ suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane, and He literally saw each of our lives and He knows EXACTLY what we are going through. My teacher told us that she learned that Heavenly Father told Christ that He would "prolong his days" and this isn't necessarily Doctrine, but it is cool to think about, but Heavenly Father being omnipotent, Christ could have been in the Garden of Gethsemane for billions of years, living our lives individually in order to know exactly what we are going through and what we struggle with. Once he came out of the Garden, it was only an hour. It just put a little more perspective into what Christ did for us and how He truly knows what we are going through and how much He loves us!

I love this Gospel and the opportunity I have to serve! I pray for all of you every day and I definitely feel your prayers! I love you all so much! 

and just remember, "Life isn't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can GET HIT, GET UP, and KEEP MOVING FORWARD"









Here is a picture Ethan sent me:

No comments:

Post a Comment